Before a complaint even arises
Before an issue escalates
Before a claim can be made against you
We are there to protect you.
When you have spent years becoming the best dentist you can be, you need to get as much out of your defence organisation as possible.
As a member of Dental Protection you get more than just defence, which means we are there for you throughout your whole career, not just if things go wrong. The benefits that make up membership protect you at every step, empowering you to take control of the risks you face.
to protect you when you’re facing a claim
- The right to request indemnity for claims arising from your clinical practice.
- Protection for Good Samaritan acts worldwide.
- An expert, dedicated legal team for your case.
and to protect your professional reputation
- Advice and legal representation:
- for GDC procedures
- in relation to disciplinary matters
- at inquests / Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Support with criminal investigations and allegations arising from your clinical practice
- Assistance in responding to and resolving complaints
- Help with unwanted media attention.
Support for your professional development
- Free communication skills and risk management workshops.
- Free online learning modules.
- CPD available.
- Events around the country.
- Dentolegal talks and conferences.
Advice whenever you need it
- Free dentolegal advice line.
- Emergency advice available 24/7.
- Online case studies.
- Dentolegal advice booklets on common concerns.
- Leading journal Riskwise.
- Monthly e-bulletin.
24/7 business support advice line from Croner
You don't need to hire a solicitor for employment law advice, or employ a health and safety consultant to tighten up your policies and procedures.
Dental Protection membership for practice principals includes access to an expert employment law and health & safety helpline, provided by our trusted partners, Croner.
Should you have any questions about membership, contact us.
Please note, calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
Find out more
Dental Protection XtraA Dental Protection Xtra group scheme means our world-class advice, support and protection can benefit your entire practice team, giving you added peace of mind.
When you, as a practice principal or practice partner, are a Dental Protection member, then your practice is eligible to be part of Dental Protection Xtra.