Empowering you to take control of the risks you face
We’re not just here in case things go wrong. With Dental Protection you have access to membership benefits and resources that can help stop problems from occurring in the first place.
to protect you when you’re facing a claim
- The right to request indemnity for claims arising from your clinical practice.
- Protection for Good Samaritan acts worldwide.
- An expert, dedicated legal team for your case.
and to protect your professional reputation
- Advice and legal representation:
- for GDC procedures
- in relation to disciplinary matters
- at inquests / Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Support with criminal investigations and allegations arising from your clinical practice
- Assistance in responding to and resolving complaints
- Help with unwanted media attention.
Support for your professional development
- Free communication skills and risk management workshops.
- Free online learning modules.
- CPD available.
- Events around the country.
- Dentolegal talks and conferences.
Advice whenever you need it
- Free dentolegal advice line.
- Emergency advice available 24/7.
- Online case studies.
- Dentolegal advice booklets on common concerns.
- Leading journal Riskwise.
- Monthly e-bulletin.
Membership for DCPs
You may have access to some benefits as part of your practice principal’s membership. This would give you the right to request indemnity for claims arising from your clinical practice. For additional benefits you would need to upgrade to full membership.
Continuing your membership
How to renew
It’s easy to renew your Dental Protection membership. A month before the end of your membership year you will receive an invitation to renew.
All we ask is that you check the information in your renewal pack carefully, making sure we hold the correct contact details and information about your scope of practice. This is because any missing or inaccurate information could affect your right to request assistance, and in some circumstances can result in your membership being cancelled.
You can easily update you details, or discuss any part of your renewal with us, by contacting our membership team on 0800 561 9000
If you pay by Direct Debit and all your details are correct, your membership will automatically continue for another year. If you do not pay by Direct Debit you can contact us to arrange payment.
To download the latest guide to Dental Protection membership please click here.
Understanding your membership
Please take time the guide to your responsibilities as a member and examples of those circumstances in which we are unlikely to be able to help with a request for assistance.
Read the guide