Support to become the best dentist you can be
Wherever you are in your studies, we can give you the tools and skills to help avoid risks throughout your whole career.
What is professional protection and why do I need it?During your training, you’ll start putting into practice what you’ve learned by going out on clinical placement. Professional protection can assist you with any dentolegal problems that might arise from your work on placement.
• issues that come from taking a history or performing a physical examination of a patient
• communicating with patients and relatives
• difficulties with sharing information with colleagues
• dental school fitness to practise proceedings
• any criminal proceedings arising from seeing patients during your training.
What is a DDO?
Dental defence organisations give you the right to request indemnity should you face any claims or complaints in your clinical practice.
With Dental Protection you also get more than defence. Membership gives you access to plenty of resources to complement your studies, empowering you to help avoid mistakes and risks in the future.
Join for free Today
What’s included in your student membership?• Up to 25% discount on a wide range of dentistry textbooks.
• Free online journal Riskwise, full of insights from dentolegal experts.
• Free access to our online learning platform with exam support and revision resources.
• The dental student pocket guide, covering everything from day one as a fresher to going abroad for your elective.
• Access to our advice line, with impartial expert guidance from dentolegal specialists, many of whom are dentists themselves.
• The right to request representation should you ever need it.
• Protection for your elective.
The best part? All of this is completely free throughout your time as a dental student.