Before a complaint even arises
Before an issue escalates
Before a claim can be made against you
We are there to protect you.
You need an organisation that’s by your side at every step, giving you peace of mind as you care for your patients.
As a member of Dental Protection you get more than just defence, which means we are there for you throughout your whole career, not just if things go wrong. The benefits that make up membership protect you at every step, empowering you to take control of the risks you face.
The benefits of membership
to protect you when you’re facing a claim
- The right to request indemnity for claims arising from your clinical practice.
- Protection for Good Samaritan acts worldwide.
- An expert, dedicated legal team for your case.
and to protect your professional reputation
- Advice and legal representation:
- for GDC procedures
- in relation to disciplinary matters
- at inquests / Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Support with criminal investigations and allegations arising from your clinical practice
- Assistance in responding to and resolving complaints
- Help with unwanted media attention.
Support for your professional development
- Free communication skills and risk management workshops.
- Free online learning modules.
- CPD available.
- Events around the country.
- Dentolegal talks and conferences.
Advice whenever you need it
- Free dentolegal advice line.
- Emergency advice available 24/7.
- Online case studies.
- Dentolegal advice booklets on common concerns.
- Leading journal Riskwise.
- Monthly e-bulletin.
Membership for DCPs
You may have access to some benefits as part of your practice principal’s membership. This would give you the right to request indemnity for claims arising from your clinical practice. For additional benefits you would need to upgrade to full membership.
Should you have any questions about membership, contact us.
Please note, calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.