96% of patients want to be offered and asked their opinions
Chung et al 2011
When a patient is dissatisfied with the decision-making process surrounding their treatment, the risk of a complaint or claim can increase drastically. This workshop provides expert insights into conducting conversations with your patients. It will help you provide the advice they need to reach healthcare decisions that are right for them.
Working together for a better clinical outcome
- Understand the importance of sharing decisions with patients
- Gain an insight into patient perspectives
- Discover how risk arises in clinical decision making
- Learn how risk can be reduced
- Master the six Ds of shared decision making
Where and when?
With workshops being run in 20 locations across the UK and Ireland, you can choose a time and place to suit you
Who's it for?
Dentists, hygienists and therapists. To ensure optimum interaction, group size is limited to 24 participants per workshop.
- Three-hour workshop
- Short lectures
- Reflective exercise
- Small group-facilitated discussions
- Rehearsal of skills
Free as a benefit of membership
3 hours of verifiable CPD per workshop
This Workshop meets GDC development outcomes A, B and D.
For further information please contact educational services on:
Email: [email protected]
Call: 0113 241 0696