Continuing Professional Development
As a dental professional, you have a duty to keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date.
Whatever the regulations for continuing professional development (CPD) or continuing dental education (CDE), registered members of the dental team will find that Dental Protection has a number of ways in which it can provide support.
Personal development helps you to create patient safety and excellence in dental practise and should be viewed as a long-term investment in your career and development.
Dental Protection has an established policy of providing educational resources, with the aim of preventing avoidable harm to patients and reducing risk to members. Our educational services are here to help you and the dental team improve patient safety and reduce risk. With more than 120 years of experience supporting and defending dental healthcare professionals, we have a unique insight into why things go wrong and how complaints and litigation can arise.
Using this knowledge we have developed a range of educational support for your career. There is also an opportunity to obtain verifiable certification for your participation.
Choose the format that works with your availability:
- Going online to our e-learning platform, Prism, which offers courses and modules created by our own dento-legal experts who have their finger on the pulse of the ever-changing legislation affecting the dental profession
- Taking part in our Risk Management Workshops, which are available free of charge as a benefit of membership
- Reading our Publications and Dental Advice Booklets which provide in-depth risk management information on common problem areas
- Reading our Clinical Audit Tools for help with some of the most common areas of clinical record keeping that give rise to problems
- Attending our Events, including the annual Premier Symposium, IDA Annual Conference and Horizons Roadshows