Before a complaint even arises
Before an issue escalates
Before a claim can be made against you
We are there to protect you.
When you have spent years becoming the best dentist you can be, you need to get as much out of your defence organisation as possible.
As a member of Dental Protection you get more than just defence, which means we are there for you throughout your whole career, not just if things go wrong. The benefits that make up membership protect you at every step, empowering you to take control of the risks you face.
Defence to protect you when you’re facing a claim
- The right to request indemnity for claims arising from your clinical practice.
- Protection for Good Samaritan acts worldwide.
- An expert, dedicated legal team for your case.
and to protect your professional reputation
- Advice and legal representation:
- for GDC procedures
- in relation to disciplinary matters
- at inquests / Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Support with criminal investigations and allegations arising from your clinical practice
- Assistance in responding to and resolving complaints
- Help with unwanted media attention.
Supportfor your professional development
- Free communication skills and risk management workshops.
- Free online learning modules.
- CPD available.
- Events around the country.
- Dentolegal talks and conferences.
Advicewhenever you need it
- Free dentolegal advice line.
- Emergency advice available 24/7.
- Online case studies.
- Dentolegal advice booklets on common concerns.
- Leading journal Riskwise.
- Monthly e-bulletin.
Should you have any questions about membership, contact us.
Please note, calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.