Enhance your expertise, reduce your risk
Experienced dentists will only be too aware of the rising risk of complaints and litigation.
International research indicates that dentists can reduce their exposure to these risks, improve health outcomes and increase patient satisfaction by improving communication skills and management of patient expectations.
To assist dentists in reducing their exposure to these risks, Dental Protection has developed a one-day Risk Management Masterclass. Each interactive and practical session is tailored to the needs of your specialty. The programme aims to enhance delegates’ skills in achieving more effective consultations.
General dental practitioners
A one-day interactive and practical session tailored to the needs of general dental practitioners
Saturday 06 April 2019
Thursday 02 May 2019
Friday 21 June 2019
London and Manchester
Medical Protection members: FREE OF CHARGE as a benefit of membership
Non-Medical Protection members: £560
Accredited for 6 hours of CPD
By attending this masterclass you will:
Understand the link between communication and litigation.
- Incorporate the skills of listening, reflection and checking on patient understanding.
- Improve the skills required for consent and shared decision making.
- Appreciate patient motivations to complain or claim.
- Communicate regret and empathy with the patient’s situation and understand that this is not necessarily an admission of liability.
- Apply models for communicating with patients about adverse outcomes.
- Be provided with skills that will help reduce your exposure to complaints and claims.
For further information please contact educational services: firstname.lastname@example.org