Mastering Adverse Outcomes
Develop your skills to effectively and ethically manage the care of patients following an adverse outcome.
We know that how you communicate with a patient when something has gone wrong is one of the key factors in determining if a patient will make a complaint. Yet most dental practitioners receive little or no formal training in how to communicate in what can be a difficult and stressful situation.
The Mastering Adverse Outcomes workshop is designed to fill this gap, providing you with powerful techniques that can reduce your exposure to risk of complaints.
“Effective and ethical management of patient care following an adverse outcome can help to avoid a complaint.
By attending this workshop you will:
- enhance your skills to communicate with patients when something has gone wrong
- understand the cultural and legal implications of expressing regret
- increase your understanding of ethical, regulatory, legal and professional obligations following an adverse outcome including duty of disclosure
- reduce your risk of complaints or disciplinary action
- increase your knowledge of the research related to adverse outcomes.