This event has now passed. Members can view the webinar recording via their Prism account. Log-in here. Alternatively check all our upcoming events and workshops.
Protect yourself with best practice patient record keeping.
Join Dr Annalene Weston, practising dentist and dentolegal adviser for Dental Protection Australia, as she gives insight into current good practice in record keeping.
Designed for Dental Protection members, this live one-hour webinar will feature cases and scenarios to help you gain the skills to maintain a high standard of records and their importance in ensuring continuity of patient care.
With an opportunity for real time questions and answers during the broadcast, this is the ideal way to have the expertise of Dental Protection brought directly to you.
Research shows that poor quality records are present in 66% of cases where damages are awarded
J Health Risk Management 1998 (Bunting)
- Review and update your knowledge on record keeping.
- Apply this knowledge to enhance the quality of record keeping in your practice and reduce the risk of successful complaints, or claims for compensation, being made against you.
- Understand what the Dental Council expects to see in a dental record.
Dr Annalene Weston graduated as a dentist from Cardiff in 1999, and worked in both private and NHS practice in the UK before moving to Australia.
She worked on the eastern Australian seaboard, in both public and private practice and completed a Masters in Health Law from Sydney University in 2008. Following this, Annalene worked on a local Health Complaints Commission before commencing work as a Dentolegal Adviser for Dental Protection in 2010.
Annalene is still a practising dentist and in 2016 was awarded a Fellowship of the American College of Dentistry. The Fellowship was awarded in recognition of the work she does with young dental practitioners, particularly in ethics, and often through group presentations and forums.
How to register for this webinar on Prism:
Existing Prism users:
If you have already registered on Prism simply click here to login and register for this webinar and select your appropriate session.
New Prism users:
If you don’t already have a Prism online learning account
- Firstly click here to activate your Prism account
- Then either click ‘Find courses’ and select ‘Webinars’ or click here to go directly to the webinar registration and select your appropriate session.
For registration enquiries call 07 3511 5005 or email email@example.com