Patients who are well-informed and highly engaged when deciding between treatment options are placed in a stronger position to take ownership of the final treatment decision and outcomes. This leads to a better acceptance of unexpected or unwanted consequences.
During the Mastering Consent and Shared Decision Making workshop you will examine the principles of consent and the specific skills dentists require in adopting shared decision making. You will learn techniques that can be used to assist in reducing your exposure to complaints and litigation.
Good overview of the consent process & what we can do to make life easier
General dental practitioners, specialists, hygienists and therapists
A three-hour workshop of short lectures, reflective exercises, small group activities and rehearsal of skills
Members: free as a benefit of membership
DPLA will refund $495 to participants who become DPLA members within the current financial year– limit one refund of $495 per participant.
3 CPD hours
By attending this workshop you will:
- learn the principles of consent and shared decision making
- understand the process of shared decision making and its importance in effective dentist-patient relationships
- gain an understanding of what leads to complaints and claims related to clinical decision making
- explore the challenges that you could face in the decision making process
- learn techniques that will assist you in meeting the rising expectations of patients for information about their healthcare choices
- reduce your likelihood of complaints and claims arising from clinical decision making.