Dentists who received training to improve their communication skills report a significantly lower rate of difficult interactions
Difficult interactions are a part of professional practice - not just with patients but also within the dental team. Without training and skills many professionals either surrender to an aggressive approach or find it difficult to communicate their point of view for fear of escalating conflict. This leads to feeling devalued and unprofessional.
The Mastering Difficult Interactions workshop provides a solution-focused approach to enhancing your effectiveness and ease when dealing with difficult interactions. The skills taught as part of this three hour workshop concentrate on difficult interactions with patients but the techniques learned will be valuable in any difficult interaction.
Of three workshops previously attended, I found this one more useful owing to the focus on dentist factors in managing difficult interactions
General dental practitioners, specialists, hygienists and therapists
A three-hour workshop of short lectures, reflective exercises, small group activities and rehearsal of skills
Members: free as a benefit of membership
3 CPD hours
By attending this workshop you will:
- Enhance your skills in managing difficult situations
- Understand the choices available to you when faced with a difficult interaction
- Learn techniques to minimise conflict and deal with challenging scenarios, such as aggressive or upset patient
- Build the skills to effectively 'diagnose' the problem
- Learn personal 'survival' skills to reduce stress
- Improve the clinical outcomes of these complex situations.
For further information please contact Educational Services:
Call: 07 3511 5005
OR DOWNLOAD A BOOKING FORM