At Dental Protection, we believe that the most effective way to protect our members is to help you avoid problems before they happen. That’s why we’re committed to supporting you to reduce your risk with dentist-led professional development courses. Our new, engaging virtual workshops, make it easier and more convenient and accessible for you to learn.
Practical guidance to improve the quality of dental record keeping
Dates and time:
Wednesday 27 October 2021, 18:30 – 20:30 AEST
Monday 8 November 2021, 18:30 – 20:30 AEST
Monday 29 November 2021, 18:30 – 20:30 AEST
No additional charge for members
Book now via Prism
- Two-hour virtual workshop
- Short lectures
- Modelling and rehearsal of skills
- Reflective exercises
- Small group-facilitated discussions
The dental practice environment is both busy and demanding. Well-organised, effective and accurate records are essential to the continuity of patient care. Records should demonstrate the sequence of events that occurred during patient care and may be pivotal in determining the outcome of a complaint or allegation.
This two-hour virtual workshop shares knowledge, insights and updates based on current legislation and guidance to support you to improve the quality of your record keeping. It highlights your contribution to clinical care and correct sequencing of treatment through effective record keeping, considers the role of your team members and will equip you with strategies to help reduce exposure to risk of complaints.
By attending you will:
Book now via Prism
- Acquire a greater understanding about why dental records are important
- Appreciate the legal, regulatory and contractual requirements regarding record keeping
- Update your knowledge of the principles of good record keeping
- Enhance your skills in making good clinical entries
- Be able to assess the quality of your record keeping
Virtual workshop learning experience
What to expect
- Interactive workshops including short lectures, video analysis of dentist-patient interactions, presenter-led and participant led interactions, small group rehearsals and reflective exercises
- A supportive and intimate learning environment with two dentolegal experts and a maximum of 16 participants
- Immediate feedback on learning, discussion and shared experiences with like-minded colleagues
How it works
A virtual meeting link and confirmation of your registration will be emailed to you. Learning resources and further information will be available following registration.
Workshops are delivered online, via ClickMeetings.
You’ll need access to a PC or laptop, headset and a stable internet connection (please note we don’t advise using a mobile device).
When you’ve completed your workshop, a video and written summary will be given to you as a just in time refresher resource. You’ll also get a communication template to help you apply the training when you need it most.
Understand the IT setup