7 June 2011

    Q. I am about to start working as a dental hygienist in three NHS practices. What documentation should I prepare in advance for the different employers so that I can get started as soon as possible? For example, do I need to request an upper level Criminal Records Bureau check?

    Your new employers will need to see proof of your GDC registration as well as a copy of your professional indemnity certificate. They may also request references from previous employers so it would be a good idea to ask two previous employers if you may provide their details for this purpose.

    It is likely that you will need to undergo an enhanced CRB check for each practice in order to satisfy the CQC requirements. More information is available from the Government website here

    You can also track your application which currently takes several weeks to complete.

    Meanwhile members of Dental Protection can obtain copies of their certificate of indemnity directly from the Member Services Online section of the DPL website

    Good luck with your new career.

    Dental Protection Limited is registered in England (No. 2374160) and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Medical Protection Society Limited (MPS) which is registered in England (No.36142). Both companies use Dental Protection as a trading name and have their registered office at 33 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PS.

    Dental Protection Limited serves and supports the dental members of MPS with access to the full range of benefits of membership, which are all discretionary, and set out in MPS’s Memorandum and Articles of Association. MPS is not an insurance company. Dental Protection® is a registered trademark of MPS.

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more